Friday, December 10, 2010
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
I have always wanted to send out Christmas cards! And this year we are going to! Since Anderson is 7 weeks old tomorrow (and forgive my lack of updating but being a mom takes up a lot of time!! - I will get around to it soon I promise!) I figure it is a little late for birth announcements so we are going to use our newborn pictures to send out our very first Christmas card! And Shutterfly has a great deal right now! If you are a blogger you can get 50 FREE Holiday Cards click HERE to find out more. We got our newborn pictures back last week and they are soo good! Which I am shocked by – not because of our photographer Jason Coobs, but because Anderson screamed the whole time!!! But we definitely got some good family photos! We are lovin our little boy. I will post some pictures soon! And I can’t WAIT to get our holiday cards made so make sure you check out all of shutterfly’s adorable designs!
Can't wait to choose one but for now here are a few of my favorites...
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
We can't wait to update you with a picture :)
Friday, September 3, 2010
Friday, August 20, 2010
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
BUT, I could really use your help on one thing. I want to make ahead some meals that I can freeze and pull out after he is born! Do you have any good make ahead and freeze recipes? If so post them as a comment! We love to try new things and I am hardly ever organized enough to make ahead a meal, so my list of make ahead and freeze meals begins and ends with lasagna! Can't wait to try all your recipes!
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Friday, August 6, 2010
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Mom sis and I:
The hostesses and I:
And more friends!
I know I haven't posted any belly pictures in a while, BUT on Saturday we are having maternity pictures taken by the wonderful Mr. Jason Coobs! Jason also did our wedding pictures and we were just thrilled with them. SO keep your eyes on his blog next week and maybe you will get a sneak peak, but once we recieve them I will definately be posting some belly pictures :)
Monday, July 26, 2010
And while I am at it here are some others I love to check... follow the links to sign up for great daily deals...
http://www.zulily.com/referafriend/?15664 (Carries items for moms and children)
https://www.theminisocial.com/myaccount.php?invitation=49499 (Carries items for moms and children)
http://totsy.com/join/brookemalko (Carries items for moms and children)
http://www.gilt.com/invite/brookemalko (Carries Items for men, women, children, home, vacations, etc!)
Happy Bargain Shopping!
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
We have had so much going on lately! Conferences for me at work, Jon being so busy at work, and attending a conference himself! Baby stuff is also so consuming, not to mention trying to get our house ready for Anderson's arrival!!
Here are some things that have happened in the past few months...
- 2 Years! Well since the last time I updated was May 7th, I guess since then Jon and I have celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary. We went to dinner at Vincenzo's - a wonderful fancy Italian restaurant here in town. We had a fantastic time talking about the wonderful, and not so wonderful things we went through over the past year, and looking forward to this year in ways we can better serve one another!
- Jon and I started to feel Anderson kicking around 19-20 weeks (very shortly after my last post). Now he is HUGE and kicks constantly all the way up to my ribs now, not only can we feel him but we can see him which i enjoy the most! I love the feeling and wouldn't mind if he moved around all day every day! It is so neat how he recognizes us - particularly Jon, and he moves differently when Jon talks to him than anyone else! I reallyt think Anderson can even recognize the feel of Jon's hand when he touches my belly!
- My little brother turned 18 and graduated High School - this is unreal to me!
- Jon and I took a trip to Orlando with Highview to serve at the Pastor's Conference for the 2010 Southern Baptist Convention. It was such a wonderful and exciting time as our pastor served as the President of the Conference. We (particularly Jon) were able to meet some incredible godly men who have impacted God's Kingdom in a lasting way! It was an honor to be a part of something so much "Greater Than" us! If you want to check out the "Backstage Videos" that Jon filed check them out here.
- Jon sold his car - this seems to be a small hobby of ours - I guess we have joined int he family business - haha. We have been trying to cut our budget back so that I can stay home as much as possible with Anderson. Once it was sold he purchased a "new" to us cheaper car that he loves and is having a ton of fun driving and doing small fun inexpensive things to make it nicer! He got a 1991 Mazda Miata. It is red and gets unbelievably low gas mileage and is one of the most reliable cars ever made! We are having fun zipping around town with the top down and were blessed to find one for so cheap and in such good shape!
- Jon installed a new bathroom sink into our little bathroom that was in desperate need of a makeover! We put in a pedestal sink that looks incredible, have 1 coat of paint on the wall, and are in love with it already (pictures to come)
- We went to Fort Myers to visit, take our family vacation, have a baby shower and participate in a wedding! We just got back last week. We were in Fort Myers from July 10th-17th and had a wonderful time with our family and friends! Jon and I were even able to get away just the 2 of us for 2 nights and 3 days at the Jupiter Beach Resort just north of Palm Beach for a babymoon! The Scroggins' Family recommended the place to us and we LOVED IT! We also enjoyed getting to visit First Baptist West Palm Beach and to have lunch with the Scroggins and Brandon Shields! Also while we were there Jon was in his great friend Ray Flowers' wedding. It was a great ceremony and reception and a fun time for Jon to spend with his oldest friends! Another wonderful part of our trip was the sweet baby shower that my friend Meg threw for us! I had such a wonderful time catching up with so many sweet ladies that I miss seeing so often! Jon and I are so blessed to have so much love and support from our family and friends that live 1000 miles away!
Some things we are looking forward to:
- Baby Shower #2 this Sunday! My wonderful friends Lindsey Poenie and Alyssa Laing are hosting a shower for some of the girls our age and I am so excited to celebrate our little man! We have another shower coming up in August hosted by my sis and sweet family friend Lynn Ringo as well!
- More home renovations - Jon and I have a plan to finish the upstairs in about a month so that we can move upstairs and finally set up the nursery! I'm getting kind of nervous about it since....
- We only have 10 weeks left in our pregnancy!!!! I cannot believe how quickly it has FLOWN by. We cannot wait to meet our little man!
- We have our 1st baby class at baptist east this Thursday night, and several more to follow in the weeks to come! I am excited to learn all that we can to prepare us for Anderson's arrival!
Whew - that was a lot of updating! If you have stuck with me this long I am impressed! I will try to be more consistent updating! You can join us in praying for the rest of our pregnancy, that Anderson develops completely, and that our delivery goes smoothly. We plan on doing natural childbirth, and I am equal parts excited and nervous, so lots of prayer for that would be appreciated! We have been so blessed throughout this pregnancy and have been praying prayers of thanksgiving for the Lord's provision and the way he has used our family and friends to show us so much love and support! The Lord is so faithful!
Friday, May 7, 2010
This is Jon at 15 weeks as well! haha! He will probably die that I posted this - he has NO belly bump ever - lucky man!
This is me at 19 weeks - the day we found out that we were having a boy!
A close up of Anderson right before we got to see actual pics of him.
You can see more of him in this one... my mom says his round forehead looks like mine and we all agree that his mouth and chin resemble Jon - that is our best guess so far - you can see his two little hands folded together near his mouth and at the right you see a knee and a foot above it. At the bottom you can see his little spine - so precious! We can't wait to meet him!
There are a few more pics on facebook if you click the link below you can probably see them but I think these 2 are the best!
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
- Orange Juice - during the first trimester I drank OJ for 3 meals a day
- Eggs - or any Breakfast food for that matter
- BLT's - this is what I have for lunch nearly every day!
- Milk chocolate - which is weird b/c I normally prefer dark chocolate
- Green Beans - which I have never eaten before in my life but now I love them
- Grapes and Apples
- String Cheese
- A salad from the Outback - not sure why but this specif salad is what I want
- Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos from Bonefish Grill - this is a new one, but I have been thinking about them all day haha
- Root Beer - maybe this is because it wasn't until I was pregnant that I realized it was caffeine free!
Things I DO NOT want that I used to love
- Coffee - this is the main thing - i usually drink coffee every day and now the only coffee I could stomach is the fancy stuff not just a plain cup-o-joe.
- Diet Coke - i just don't ever really want it anymore
- Fried food - I can and have eaten it but I wouldn't pick it
- Yogurt - I know it is good for you but the thought of it isn't good
I have no idea why I want or don't want all these specific things, but as far as I hear it is common! Any Preggers out there wanna share what they love or hate??
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Here are some upcoming events in our lives:
This Friday - our great friend Meg from Fort Myers comes to visit for the weekend
Sunday - EASTER!
Tuesday, April 6th - 2nd heartbeat appointment
April 10th - host a baby shower for a great friend!
April 24th - Mother Daughter tea with our 9th grade girls
May 3rd - Find out if we are having a boy or girl!!
May 16th - our 2 year wedding anniversary
June 1 - my little bro graduates High School - CRAZY!
June 11th - My little bro turns 18
June 12-17 - possibly in FL for pastor's conference/convention - this is still tentative
June 28-July 1 - summer camp at Southern Seminary - crazy work week!
July 10th-17th - in FL for babymoon, to visit our family, and for Ray and Heather's wedding!
I'm sure there will be plenty more during and after these dates! But it sure makes for an exciting life!
Just to fill you in I haven't taken any prego pics because I am still not showing. I mean I can definitely tell there is change happening, but I don't think anyone else can.... I will start trying to take some soon :) We are 14 weeks this week - into our second trimester and feeling great! I am secretly hoping it is a girl, but will be so thrilled either way - we just want a healthy baby! We have also been doing a lot of work on our home, but for those of you who own homes as well you know this is a never ending task! It is great to get to do work outside though! Looking forward to start building the master suite upstairs soon!!!
I am long over due on pictures! I will try to post some next week! Until then...
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
How your baby's growing:Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Baby's hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under the gums, and some bones are beginning to harden. The Baby is already busy kicking and stretching, and the tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as the body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.
Join us in praying for our precious gift from the Lord!
Monday, March 8, 2010
On Friday I was able to run some errands, and Jon and I were able to celebrate my Dad's birthday with my family.
On Saturday Jon and I worked hard around the house to get it in tip top shape. Dusting and Vacuuming and doing laundry - it is amazing how far behind you can fall on these things when you work nearly 2 weeks without a day off! We relaxed a lot on Saturday as well and just enjoyed each others company making a semi-late night run to McDonald's for some Hot Fudge Sundaes!
Yesterday (Sunday) was probably my favorite day of our weekend! We enjoyed worship and fellowship with our Highview Family. Then we had a nice lunch at McAlister's with my mom dad and brother. Afterwards I was so thrilled with the weather that I wanted to get outside and do some of the work on our house we have been waiting all winter to do! Jon pulled all of the old ugly metal awnings off of the windows, and I sanded down the swing that we will soon be painting and hanging on our front porch! Then Jon cleaned out the garage - we still had several boxes stowed away in there, and I Sanded our back door to prepare that to be painted as well.
I have been debating what color to paint my swing, back door and front door.... I'm open to suggestions if you have seen anything adorable! I have considered yellow for the swing but am not committed! We want something colorful to make our house look young and fun! Please tell me what you think! Or send me links to pictures of adorable ones! I need some inspiration!
Saturday, February 27, 2010
In other news, Lauren and Chad, my sister and brother-in-law are grandparents - haha! Their dog cooper just had puppies! Cooper is a boy - but they bred him with our Uncle's dog. So once the babies are weened from their mother Lauren and Chad will have a new little girl Yorkie pup! They are so excited, and the puppies are adorable! You could hold 3 of them in your palm they are so tiny right now.
Jon and I have both been super busy at work, but it is because we have been working on exciting things! Highview got new projectors and screens in the sanctuary this week, and Jon is very excited about them. The old ones were very faded and washed out and everything he filmed looked extremely dark and dull, but now it will be bright and vibrant. At Southern we had 3 major conferences this semester, and we are on day 2 of the second one! It has made for a busy February, but the 2 conferences we have had thus far have gone really well! It will be nice to be back to a routine once we are past them!
On March 10th Jon and I get to go and hear the baby's heart beat for the first time! WE are sooo excited! We have SEEN the heart beat by an early untra sound but we have not heard it yet. We cannot wait to hear the heartbeat of our sweet baby that the Lord has been sustaining! It is so unbelieveable to read about how the baby is developing, and humbling to know that the Lord is fulfilling his promise as he knits he or she together! The Lord has been teaching me so much through this proccess. My prayer life has been impacted in a huge way. The Lord has been teaching me to pray more intentionally, it began with our baby, but has spilled over into so many other areas of my prayer life. I really feel the sanctification proccess taking place in our home, and it is such a blessing. Praying that the Lord continues the great work he has begun, trust that he will because he is always faithful!
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Your pregnancy: 9 weeks
How your baby's growing:Your new resident is nearly an inch long — about the size of a grape — and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. She's starting to look more and more human. Her essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: Your baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do her tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. Her eyes are fully formed, but her eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. She has tiny earlobes, and her mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones. Now that your baby's basic physiology is in place, she's poised for rapid weight gain.
We can't wait to meet baby Malko around September 28th!!!
Saturday, February 13, 2010
This year we are going to cash in on some gift cards we have been saving since Christmas. For Valentines day we are going to go to Bristol downtown, and then maybe see a movie!
We want to know what everyone else is doing for Valentines day. Comment and let us know!
Here is the Link to our Valentine's post from last year! It was our first one as a married couple. Blogs are great for reminiscing!
Monday, February 1, 2010
*Watching Friday Night Lights on Friday Night
*Sleeping in only a little on Saturday morning (we love to sleep in only a little. We hate when we sleep our whole Saturday away, but it is nice to get a little extra res. Getting up around 9 in our favorite!)
*Eating lunch at Impellizari's - our Fave Louisville pizzeria
*Dinner and game night with Grant and Gabi Henry - thanks for the yummy dinner Henry Family!
*Sunday morning at Highview - we love our church family!
*Spending time with my brother
*Family game night on Sunday's - we do this every Sunday and this week it was at our home! We at Spanish Noodles, Jon's favorite recipe from his Grammy, and played Scene It on the xbox 360 - highly recommend it, and Uno!
Can't wait for next weekend :)
Friday, January 29, 2010
Praise the King
1 Sing a new song to the Lord, for He has performed wonders; His right hand and holy arm have won Him victory. 2 The Lord has made His victory known; He has revealed His righteousness in the sight of the nations. 3 He has remembered His love and faithfulness to the house of Israel; all the ends of the earth have seen our God's victory. 4 Shout to the Lord, all the earth; be jubilant, shout for joy, and sing. 5 Sing to the Lord with the lyre, with the lyre and melodious song. 6 With trumpets and the blast of the ram's horn shout triumphantly in the presence of the Lord, our King. 7 Let the sea and all that fills it, the world and those who live in it, resound. 8 Let the rivers clap their hands; let the mountains shout together for joy 9 before the Lord, for He is coming to judge the earth. He will judge the world righteously and the peoples fairly.
My devotion is Due Feb. 1 and I am nearly completed. The Lord has taught me so much as I have studied this passage and I have been truly encouraged, especially by verse 3. Praise the Lord that He remembers us! We are so unworthy, and He is so full of love and faithfulness. Please join me in praying for God's grace in this challenge to be an encourager through God's Word to other women!
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Something we are looking forward to is the beginning of the Wednesday Night Media ABF (Adult Bible Fellowship). Since Jon is the head of the video production at Highview, he severs all morning on Sunday's, as do all of the volunteers that work with Jon. On Feb. 10th Jon and Brandon ( the who is on staff and runs sound on Sunday am) will begin an ABF for those volunteers who do not get to be a part of one on Sunday mornings. They are going to be doing a Bible study using the book crazy love, and also working on technical skills to help enhance the media ministry! I am excited to serve with Jon in this ministry, and am praying the the Lord will bring a group that can be dedicated to studying the word and serving him through media at Highview Baptist Church! Join us in praying for this new ministry opportunity!