Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas #1

Last night (Sunday) we celebrated Christmas with Jon's side of the family. It is so hard not being able to be in 2 places at once. Since we did Easter and Thanksgiving here with Jon's family we are heading up to Kentucky tomorrow to spend Christmas with my family. We had a great time with Jon's family. His step-dad James made a HUGE lasagna (He is Italian so he made the sauce and everything from scratch) - and when I say HUGE i mean literally like 6 inches deep! It was so yummy. I made bruchetta, salad, and an amazing Chocolate cake that I got the recipe from my cousin Courtney. We had a TON of food, and a great night just spending time together. We also exchanged gifts! We got too much stuff! Everyone was so generous. We got a ton of giftcards to places we love, I got a sandwhich press from Jon's mom and step-dad, and Jon's Grandparents also got us a fire pit for our patio (pictured below). I can't wait to set it up - I have been wanting one, and the one they got us is beautiful! We had a great time giving out gifts too! I almost think that is the best part!


So Christmas is already in full swing for the Malko's! We are heading out for Louisville tomorrow around 3pm, and will be driving through the night! Pray for safety in travel and good weather! We can't wait to see all of our family and friends in Louisville, and to celebrate the birth of our Savior! Our church has been talking this month about how Jesus is MORE than a baby. This time of year it is so easy to focus on the precious baby Jesus and the miraculous virgin birth - but remember that the Greatest miracle of Christmas is the God came in human form to die for the sins of the world! What an amazing God we serve!

1 comment:

Meg Easterbrook said...

first day it gets cold when you're back in town i'm coming over for a fire! I love it :)

I will be praying for you both and I'm gonna miss ya pretty hardcore!

Enjoy the freeeeziinkkk weather while i get a tan down here ;)