I seriously cannot believe that my son is 18 months old! He has transformed right before my eyes from this tiny, helpless baby into this smart, capable little boy! There is no greater joy than being his momma and watching him grow and learn and kissing on those sweet cheeks! The Lord is so gracious to give us children, not only for our own sanctification, but also for a small taste of his overwhelming love for us!
We have Anderson's 18 month check up on April 10th so I will post his stats then, but for now....
Here are a few of Anderson's favorite things:
- His dog (or doe-ga as he says it)
- Cows - he loves cows and asks daily to watch videos of cows on youtube. He also has a very enthusiastic "Mooooo" in his vocabulary.
- Motorized vehicles - he is obsessed with cars, trucks, airplanes, motorcycles, and anything else that goes "bbbrrrrmmmmmm". The garbage truck is a particular favorite. We watch it every week!
- Mowing the lawn - I guess this sort of goes along with the last one but he has a special love for mowing. When we go on walks we always take the path that passes the nearest mower. Anderson also loves to beautify our neighborhood with his bubble mower, and help daddy when our yard gets mowed!
- Goofiness - nothing makes Anderson laugh more than a silly face or someone falling or dropping something. He loves when we talk in silly voices or sing crazy songs. He has a class clown personality... We are really going to have to learn how to choose wisely when silly is ok and when it is not. But right now it makes life so fun!
- Thomas the Train
- Being outside - so thankful for this early spring!
- Watching other kids - when we go to the zoo Anderson prefers to watch the other kids instead of the animals!
These are just a few of the things we are loving these days! His favorite foods are peanut butter, yogurt, sweet potatoes, and macaroni and cheese! He is also a really big talker! I was writing down all the words he says in his baby book and I thought of 48!!! Some of my personal favorites are "po-bo" which means peanut butter, "zuessss" which is shoes, "bau-bols" (bubbles), and when you ask him what a pirate says he enthusiastically says "Aaarggg" with a deep scratchy voice! I laugh every time!
Another thing that Anderson loves to do is use the word "up" and "down". He does it all the time either by squatting and standing straight over and over saying "up, down, up, down" or with his toys lifting them up and down! I think he is so smart :)
He is such a little bundle of joy! But I will go ahead and admit, I may have a little baby fever now that he seems like such a little boy! But I just love him so much I can't imagine loving another one! Of course I know I could, it is just so hard to imagine!
But for now we are loving life as a family of 3! And I am one blessed lady with a precious son and wonderful husband who is an amazing daddy to that little man!!!!
Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
Melissa Clark's Black Bean Skillet Dinner
1 week ago